How To Register Krux Segments in Beeswax
Clients who manage their first-party data through Krux’s DMP can push segment data directly into Beeswax. The process below describes the steps that should occur to successfully register new Krux segments within Beeswax.
- Take note of the following information about the segment(s) you wish to register.
- Krux Segment Name;
- Segment Alternative ID (present within the Krux UI, typically some alpha-numeric string such as “rkrl3tar5”)
- Continent of the users within the segment (i.e. North America or Europe)
- Note: If uploading users from Europe, please notify your TAM PRIOR to pushing the new segment from Krux.
- Approximate user count of each segment
- Note: If this is your first time pushing Krux segments to Beeswax, you must notify your TAM PRIOR to instructing Krux to conduct the first segment push to Beeswax. This will ensure that backend system configurations are updated to allow for automatic ingestion of all segment pushes.
- Ensure that the segments provided above are properly created in the Beeswax UI. This must occur before any users can be associated with the segment. To create/register a segment in the UI, navigate to Trafficking > Segments and click the yellow +New button and select "Segment"
- Please note that information provide in Step 1b should be used EXACTLY when creating the new segment(s) in Beeswax
- Once your segments are properly created, notify your Krux representative that they may now push the segments to Beeswax. This will kick off a background process that joins the User IDs with the Beeswax segments created in Step 2
- Please note that if Step 3 is done prior to Step 2 that the user-to-segment association will fail to resolve appropriately. If this occurs, please notify your TAM to manually reprocess the Krux segment file
- After the Krux segment file has been successfully uploaded, another background process to count the number of users successfully associated to each segment should begin. This process runs on a 6-8 hour schedule, so keep that in mind if you don't see a user count.
- Please notify your TAM if all previous steps have been successfully completed and you do not see user counts for your segments
Increasing the match rate with Krux and Beeswax
Krux has a feature to prioritize sync for a particular customer, so if you are a direct customer of Krux, please request that they prioritize syncs with Beeswax more, especially on your own properties.
An alternative way is to place a Beeswax sync pixel on your properties, which will create a sync with Krux. This option is particularly useful for publishers who are operating a campaign where they do not have a direct relationship with the DMP in question. To do this - place the following pixel on the page:
<img src="https://match.prod.bidr.io/cookie-sync/krux" />
This pixel will fire a redirect to Krux with the Beeswax cookie ID of that user.
GDPR Note: In the EU, there can be GDPR implications from doing this and there must be the appropriate consent obtained from the user to do so.