Troubleshooting Steps If Your Line Item is Not Delivering
If you're not seeing line item/campaign spend in a given report:
1. Check the real time win stats in the Edit Line Item screen to see if you are actively winning. If so, the other reports will populate based on the timeframes indicated in Object Population Timelines article. If you are bidding but not winning, your CPM may be too low to win against the competition or, if you are targeting a specific exchange or deal ID, your creative may be encountering filtering by the exchange--the exchange will need to be contacted for more detail, and Beeswax Support can assist.
2. Check to see if the Campaign and/or Line Items and/or Advertiser are inactive.
3. Check the Start and End Dates of the campaign, line item, flight, creative, and creative-line-item association to ensure you are within the designated flight window.
4. Confirm if the Secure attribute on your creative is properly set. Most inventory only supports Secure creatives, and if you declare it as Insecure, it very often will not match any traffic.
5. If you have all continents enabled for your account, check the "Continents" field in the Edit Campaign screen to ensure you've selected the desired continent for this campaign.
6. Check the Performance Report in Query Tool and pull a report using "Hour" as one of the fields to confirm you are not spending. The campaign and line item screens do have a longer delay than the Query Tool, which itself usually has a delay of about an hour before initial impressions appear.
7. If using a PMP deal ID,
- Ensure the bid is above the bid floor.
- Ensure you are targeting the deal ID in the targeting screen–if it's not included, we won't respond in the ad markup with the deal ID, and we'll be blocked from buying.
- Ensure you’re seeing the deal ID coming through in your Metamarkets instance.
8. Check if the lifetime budget is fully spent for lifetime campaign or line item. Be sure to check this value in the Line Item & Campaign screens in the UI AND the Performance Report in Query Tool.
9. If the line item is within a campaign where another line item has the same targeting and creative sizes and both are using Flat CPM bidding as the strategy, but the other line item has a higher CPM, the other line item will always win (until it runs out of budget). We recommend to use pacing in this case, since the varying bid probabilities will allow for your line item to win even though it has a lower CPM. If Flat CPM is truly desired, we recommend setting frequency caps to ensure other line items win.
10. If the line item is paced, but other line items are not, they will almost always starve the paced line items.
11. If a list is being used, ensure the list has items in it. If the list is empty, the line item won't serve.
12. Check the Targeting on the line item and the properties of the Creative. In your Metamarkets instance, set up a report that mimics the targeting parameters, creative size, and creative type (placement type), and check to see if matching bid requests are coming into your bidder. If no, check with your Beeswax account manager to understand if you are missing out on said traffic. If you are seeing this traffic in your bidder check to see if you did not confuse Deal ID, Site ID, App ID, App Bundle or Domain with another of those options.
13. If you are having delivery issues on Pubmatic or MoPub specifically, ensure you have added a thumbnail to your creative.
14. If targeting a segment, confirm that segments being targeted have active users within them in the Segments screen.
15. If using an augmentor/bidding agent, confirm your augmentor/bidding agent is responding with 200s to Beeswax. You can view this by clicking on Tools (beta) and Monitoring.
16. If targeting IAS segments, please ensure the line item is only targeting IAS segments of one environment type (i.e. the line item does not target both web and in-app IAS segments) and that the environment type of the IAS segment is the same as the environment type targeted on the line item (i.e. the line item targets in-app IAS segments, and in-app environment type)
17. If the line item is using Advanced Segment Targeting (boolean logic to target with multiple segments), then conflicting logic or empty segments within the statement can often be a cause. If there is a high number of segments included in the boolean statement (7+) these can be tough to troubleshoot individually due to the many interactions. We recommend that you remove segment targeting. First we recommend reducing the line item daily budget ($1-2 should work - just enough to see if the line item has spent). You should then make a note of the boolean statement and then remove the segment targeting. After 5 minutes, feel free to re-apply the segment targeting and increase the daily budget back up to the original value.
18. If all of the above fails, contact Beeswax Support.