How To Register Lotame Segments in Beeswax
Clients who manage their first-party data through Lotame’s DMP can push segment data directly into Beeswax.
*Note: If this is your first time pushing Lotame segments to Beeswax, you must notify your Account Manager PRIOR to instructing Lotame to conduct the first segment push to Beeswax. This will ensure that backend system configurations are updated to allow for automatic ingestion of all segment pushes.*
The process below describes the steps that should occur to successfully register new Lotame segments within Beeswax.
- Take note of the following information about the segment(s) you wish to register.
- Lotame Segment Name;
- Segment Alternative ID (present within the Lotame UI, typically some numeric string such as “123456”)
- The continent of the users within the segment (i.e. North America or Europe)
- Note: If uploading users from Europe, please notify your Account Manager PRIOR to pushing the new segment from Lotame.
- Approximate user count of each segment
- Ensure that the segments provided above are properly created in the Beeswax UI. This must occur before any users can be associated with the segment. To create/register a segment in the UI, navigate to Trafficking > Segments and click the yellow +New button and select "Segment"
- Please note that information provide in Step 1b should be used EXACTLY when creating the new segment(s) in Beeswax
- Once your segments are properly created, notify your Lotame representative that they may now push the segments to Beeswax. This will kick off a background process that joins the User IDs with the Beeswax segments created in Step 2
- Please note that if Step 3 is done prior to Step 2 that the user-to-segment association will fail to resolve appropriately. If this occurs, please notify your Account Manager to manually reprocess the Lotame segment file
- After the Lotame segment file has been successfully uploaded, another background process to count the number of users successfully associated to each segment should begin
- Please notify your Account Manager if all previous steps have been successfully completed and you do not see user counts for your segments
Increasing the match rate with Lotame and Beeswax
Lotame has a feature to prioritize sync for a particular customer, so if you are a direct customer of Lotame, please request that they prioritize syncs with Beeswax more, especially on your own properties.
An alternative way is to place a Beeswax sync pixel on your properties, which will create a sync with Lotame. This option is particularly useful for publishers who are operating a campaign where they do not have a direct relationship with the DMP in question. To do this - place the following pixel on the page:
<img src="https://match.prod.bidr.io/cookie-sync/lotame" />
This pixel will fire a redirect to Lotame with the Beeswax cookie ID of that user.
GDPR Note: In the EU, there can be GDPR implications from doing this and there must be the appropriate consent obtained from the user to do so.