Line Item Flights
Line item flights allow for granular control over the timing of line item delivery. Flights can strictly control delivery time frames, and can each have their own budget. The budget type is inherited from the Line Item and total budget of all flights cannot exceed the Line Item’s budget.
Create a Line Item Flight
- Open the line item to which you want to apply the flight.
- From the line item Overview tab, select ‘Yes’ on the Use Flights toggle.
- Once you select Yes, a new Flights tab appears between the Overview and Targeting tabs.
- If selecting a Bidding Strategy with Pacing, you have the option to pace using flights. Select Pacing > Flight for your budget to pace based on the Flights input in the Flights tab.
- On the Flights tab, enter all the required fields (marked with asterisk).
- Select +Add Flight.
- Select Save & Continue to finish setting up the line item targeting.
Rules for Flights
Line Item Flights are validated to assure that both the time intervals and budgets make logical sense:
- Two flights within the same Line Item cannot have overlapping date ranges.
- Only one flight can omit the end_date field.
- Flights cannot start before the Line Item start_date.
- Flights cannot end after the Line Item end_date.
- The total budget of all flights cannot exceed the budget of the Line Item.
Flight ID and Flight Name are available fields in the Performance Report.