How to create a new Beeswax user
If you are a user with Administrator privileges, or have User creation rights, you will be able to create new users for the Beeswax UI and API.
In order to create a user:
- Navigate to Admin -> Users from the Nav Bar
- This will bring you to the Users page. Click on +New -> User to bring up the ‘Create New User’ dialog.
- Fill in all the relevant fields (required fields marked with a red asterisk):
- First Name
- Last Name
- A user’s role is a separate template which governs which actions they can or can not take. For more information on Roles see here.
- Alternative ID
- Alternative ID can be set to a value of your choice - or can be left blank if not relevant.
- It can be useful for custom integrations, such as if you are using Beeswax in conjunction with your own proprietary UI (which has existing User IDs)
- Any additional notes you want to leave for a user (e.g. referencing their organisation / level of access etc.)
- This governs whether the User has access to multiple accounts on the Buzz key, if more than one have been created.
- Determines whether the User is set to active (Super Users only). For normal users this will not be an option, and the new User will need to Verify their Email via a login token which will automatically activate their user.
- Submit the new user settings.
An email will then be sent to the email address you have provided in the Email field, and the recipient will be asked to verify their email and define a password for use with the platform. Once they have done this, their account will activate and they will be able to log into the platform with their email and password combination.