Buzz supports extensive white-labeling capabilities, where the Buzz UI appearance can be changed and also set behind a CNAME, such as bidder.customername.com.
The following system variables determine the behavior of the Buzz API and the appearance of the Buzz UI:
|WHITELABEL_COLOR_1||STRING||Main nav bar color|
|WHITELABEL_COLOR_2||STRING||Primary button, table header color|
|WHITELABEL_COLOR_3||STRING||Secondary button color|
|WHITELABEL_COLOR_4||STRING||Navbar text color|
|WHITELABEL_FAVICON_URL||STRING||URL of image to use for white-labelling favicon|
|WHITELABEL_LOGO_URL||STRING||URL of image to use for white-labelling logo|
|WHITELABEL_PAGE_TITLE||STRING||Page title color|
|ENABLE_VENDOR_FEES||BOOLEAN||Whether vendors and vendor_fees should be available in the API and UI|
|EMAIL_LOGO_URL||STRING||URL for logo to use in email templates|
|EMAIL_PROJECT_NAME||STRING||Project name to use in email templates, e.g. "My Company's DSP"|
|EMAIL_PROJECT_WEBSITE||STRING||URL to link to in emails|
|EMAIL_SENDER||STRING||The sender for emails from this system|
|EMAIL_FROM_NAME||STRING||The name of the sender for emails from this system|
|FROM_ADDRESS_EMAIL||STRING||From address for emails, if different from EMAIL_SENDER. Must be a valid email address.|
|FROM_ADDRESS_NAME||STRING||From address for system alerts and emails, if different from EMAIL_FROM_NAME. Not an email address.|
The parts of Buzz that cannot currently be white-labeled are:
- The Buzz REST API endpoint cannot use a CNAME
- Creative previews
- The cookie syncing process
- Segment Tags
- Postback URLs
- Conversion/Event Tags
In order to white-label a Buzz instance, please follow the steps outlined below. Note, these changes cannot be made via the REST API.
Step A - Provide the following information to your Beeswax representative for the sections you wish to white-label
- CNAME URL
- Hex color values for the main nav bar, the primary button/table header, the secondary button, navbar text and page title
- URLs for images to use for logo and favicon
- URL of logo to use in emails
- Confirm whether vendors and vendor_fees should be available
- Project name to use in emails and elsewhere e.g. "My Company's DSP"
- URL to link to in emails
- Email sender and “from address” for email alerts and scheduled reports require below details:
- smtp host (e.g. smtp.gmail.com)
- smtp secure method (e.g. TLS or SSL)
- smtp port: (e.g. 465)
- smtp username
- smtp password
- “from address” (if different from smtp username)
- Email name and “from name” (if different) for the above email sender.
Step B - Create CNAME record and verify CNAME ownership
- Beeswax will request an SSL certificate from AWS for the CNAME provided and generate a validation CNAME DNS record
- Beeswax will send you the CNAME DNS record, which contains the following details:
- type: CNAME
- You should create a CNAME record using the information provided above to verify your ownership of the domain within 72 hours, after which verification will fail. The procedure for adding CNAME records depends on your DNS service provider
- If verification fails, we will need to restart all processes under Step B.
- Create a second CNAME record for the URL you want to use for the UI (e.g. "mybidder.customer.com") and point it to "<buzzkey>.beeswax.com"
- Once verification is complete, Beeswax will finalise the CNAME deployment