Deal ID Targeting
Deal ID targeting is commonly used to access more premium or otherwise packaged inventory from an exchange partner. Since Deal IDs are exchange specific, we require buyers to prepend the exchange abbreviation to the Deal ID.
Find the exchange partner abbreviations here.
Example: Targeting a Rubicon Deal ID
- The exchange abbreviation for Rubicon is “rp”
- So to target a Deal ID of “12345” on Rubicon you would target it by specifying “rp/12345”
Deal IDs can also be targeted as a list. To create a Deal ID list follow these steps:
- Click on the +New button and select “List” from the dropdown
- Select “Deal ID List” from the List Type dropdown
- Give your List a name and click “Save & Continue”
- Add your Deal IDs in the “Add New List Items” field (one per row) OR upload a .txt file of Deal IDs (also one per row) OR upload a .csv file of Deal IDs (also one per row)
Once you create your List, you will see it appear in the Deal ID list section in the inventory targeting section on the Line Item level. You can then INCLUDE (whitelist) or EXCLUDE (blacklist) target your list from this screen.
You can target more than one list on the Line Item level, we apply OR logic across the different lists.
There are different deal types, it’s important that you understand the deal type from your exchange partner so that you can appropriately bid above the deal price floor. Depending the deal type beeswax will handle your bids differently
- Beeswax will only respond to the exchange with the Deal ID in the ad markup if the Deal ID is included in the targeting template of the line item. Some exchanges require the Deal ID in the ad markup for the "contract" of the private deal to be valid, so we strongly recommend if you are planning to buy against a deal that you include the Deal ID in your targeting of the line item.
- Additionally, you'll want to make sure you're receiving QPS for the deals, so please contact your account manager.
- If the Exchange requires a Seat ID for the Deal ID, please reach out to your Beeswax Account Manager.
|Deal Type||Description||Beeswax Bid Details|
|1st Price Auction||For 1st price auctions, the winning bid price will be the same as the bid submitted to the exchange.||Beeswax will treat this as a standard auction|
|2nd Price Auction||For 2nd price auctions, the winning bid price will be one cent higher than the second highest bid price.||Beeswax will treat this as a standard auction|
|Fixed Price||For fixed price deals, the winning price will be exactly the fixed price of the deal. You must bid at or above the fixed price of the deal in order to win.||Beeswax will not bid reduce for fixed price deals. If you are using our exchange seats to buy deal inventory, we will still charge you the bid reduction percentage but this will be an additional fee percentage on top of the winning price. Fees are broken out separately as a different line item on your end of month bill|