Segment Tag Troubleshooting
I would like to check whether a segment tag is firing correctly on my / my client’s webpage.
- In your browser (preferably Chrome or Firefox), navigate to the page where the tag was implemented.
- Open your browser’s developer tools, and navigate to the “Network” tab - see below for instructions on how to do so:
- Enter “bidr.io” in the Filter search bar, and reload the page. If the tag was implemented properly, you should it appear in the resulting network activity log.
If you do not see the tag show up within your network tab, please reach out to the party who implemented it to have them troubleshoot (and feel free to CC email@example.com should any questions arise).
I’ve verified that my segment tag was implemented properly, but no user count is appearing within the UI.
- How long ago was the tag implemented? User counts are performed about once per day, so if it has been less than 24 hours since the tag was added to the page, check the following day to see if a count appears.
- Is your tag implemented on a low-traffic page? We use a probabilistic method to estimate user counts, so if a tag is implemented on a page that receives few visitors, you may not see a count.
- If you’d like, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have us verify that users are successfully being segmented by visiting the page, and checking to see if our cookie ID was added to your segment.
If it’s been more than 24 hours since the tag was implemented, and bullet points 2 and 3 are not applicable, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.