How to create a Delivery Modifier within Buzz UI
Follow these steps to get started with a Delivery Modifier with Terms:
1. Select “+New > Modifier”.
2. Enter the Modifier name.
3. Select the Advertiser ID the Modifier will be associated with. To create an account level Modifier, do not select an advertiser from the dropdown.
4. Select the module, and then select the key you want to specify a Delivery Modifier term for.
- NOTE: You can currently only use a single key when using Delivery Modifier Terms. You can have multiple terms within that single key (for example, multiple exchanges within the Inventory Source key). This is to reduce the instances of ambiguous rows; where an auction could match delivery modifier multiple rows. If you require more flexibility, please create a Delivery Model.
- There is a maximum of 100 rows in a Delivery Modifier.
5. Go to the Line Item (or Campaign), and associate the Delivery Modifier to it from the “Overview” page.
6. A Default Delivery value of 0 ensures we deliver strictly to criteria within the model.
For every Delivery Modifier, a Default Delivery Weight value is required, which will be the weight that is associated with any auctions that matched targeting but do not explicitly match a row in the model or delivery modifier terms (similar to a Default Bid for Bid Models and Modifiers). It is recommended to set the default to 1 in order to fulfill the budget. You can set the Default Delivery Value to 0 to ensure that auctions outside of the model/modifier terms will not be bid on, but doing this may increase the likelihood of under-delivery.
Combining Modifier Terms & Models
While possible with Bid Models and Bid Modifiers, Delivery Models and Delivery Modifiers can not be combined. However you will be able to combine a Delivery Modifier with a Bid Modifier.
Dynamic Delivery Modifier Terms
The values associated with a List Item in a Custom List can be used by a Delivery Model. If there is no value set on the list item, then the default modifier on the entire list will be used. However, values assigned to user-segment associations in a segment are not currently utilized with delivery models.